A pretty remarkable document. An entire family to which I’ve been linked by DNA, all wiped out in the year 1807 in Polchow, Kreis Cammin, Pommern, Pussia. The mother, father, and the only three known children all died in the same year. All of them died of disease, and at least two died of a fever and two of consumption (Tuberculosis), but it’s not clear they all died from something related.
Nr. 1. Gristow. Death of the seamstress’s assistant, Sophia Krüger, wife of the farmer Joachim Rackow from Schwindsucht (consumption) at 55 years, 3 months, 2 days on 24 Jan 1807 (b 22 Oct 1751).
Nr. 12 Polchow. Death of the farmer Johann (Friedrich) Krüger from Sizzigan(?) fieber (some kind of fever) on 31 Jul 1807 at 51 years, 8 months, 3 days of age. (b 28 Nov 1755)
Nr. 19. Polchow. Death Engel Gruels, wife of the retired farmer Erdmann (Friedrich) Krüger from Nerven fieber (Typhoid), on 22 Oct 1807, aged 71 years and 18 days (b 4 Oct 1736).
Nr. 24. Polchow. Death of the retired farmer Erdmann Friedrich Krüger from Schar(?) on 11 Nov 1807, aged 81 years, 10 months 7 days (b 4 Jan 1726)
Nr. 26 Polchow. Death of Michael Krüger, son of the deceased, retired farmer Erdmann Krüger from Auszehrung (consumption) on 22 Dec 1807, aged 60 years, 5 months, 4 days (b 18 Jul 1747).
Michael Krüger was not married, to my knowledge. So far I have found no record of a spouse or children for him. He was also a half-brother to the other siblings as the mother, Engel Gruel/Gruels, was only 10 when he was born.
The daughter, Sophia Krüger was married to Joachim Rackow, as indicated in the record. So far I have not located any children from this marriage.
Johann Friedrich Krüger was married to Engel Bruss (1755-1809) and they had many children:
- Michael Friedrich Krüger (1799-1870) married Anna Regina Stein. They had four sons and three daughters.
- Sophia Krüger (1781-1805). No known spouse or children.
- Johann Friedrich Erdmann Krüger (b 1783) married Catarina Maria Helm. They had two sons and a daughter. He emigrated to the US in 1839.
- Dorothea Maria Krüger (1784-1810). No known spouse or children.
- Joachim Friedrich Krüger (1785-1836). No known spouse or children.
- Engel Krüger (b 1790) married Michael Brendemühl. No known children.
- Catharina Sophia Krüger (1794-1860) married Michael Helm and emigrated to Wisconsin. They had 3 sons and 5 daughters.
- Martin Friedrich Krüger (b 1796) married Dorothea Maria Sophie Buhrow and emigrated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1839. They had 3 sons and a daughter.